Our Rainbow Caterpillar Bookmark Craft using Buttons is a Perfect craft to accompany the book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
The Hungry Caterpillar is a book that nearly every child has read as a toddler, and you’re very likely to find one old copy of it in every home! Even an adult who’s read the book can’t help but look at a caterpillar in a new light. That’s probably why caterpillar crafts are quite popular with younger kids, and there are all kinds of them out there. Today, we have a cute little rainbow caterpillar button craft, made with colorful buttons. Make a bright background and you have a craft that’s perfect for a child’s room!
Make A Rainbow Caterpillar Bookmark Craft using Buttons
What you’ll need:
- Black Pipe Cleaner
- Craft Stick
- Colored Buttons (preferably in the colors of the rainbow)
- One Large White Button
- Googly Eyes
- Green/blue felt and flower embellishments for the background
1. Stick the buttons on the craft stick with the large white button as the head.
2. Cut out a tiny piece of black pipe cleaner and bend it into a ‘V’. Stick it to the back of the caterpillar’s head.
3. Stick on googly eyes and your caterpillar is ready! Now all he needs is a nice place to relax. Use a sheet of green felt on blue card stock to look like a summery hillside. Decorate with flower embellishments and place your cute caterpillar among them.
This is a super easy craft, and even preschoolers can make it (as long as they don’t pop the buttons into their mouth!).
Try a larger surface with multiple caterpillars for a more impressive look. Whether it’s a solitary caterpillar on a hill or several on a lawn – we’re sure they’ll brighten up your space instantly!
Related products at Amazon.com
Check out these other stick crafts from the #kidscraftstars!