Our Rainbow Caterpillar Button Craft is a Perfect accompaniment to the book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar!
Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar, is a book that nearly every child has read as a toddler, and you’re very likely to find one old copy of it in every home!
We love Eric Carle’s books so much that we’ve a post dedicated to him – 20 Cute and Colorful Eric Carle Crafts for Kids
Even an adult who’s read the book can’t help but look at a caterpillar in a new light. That’s probably why caterpillar crafts are quite popular with younger kids, and there are all kinds of them out there.
Make A Rainbow Caterpillar Button Craft
Supplies for the Rainbow Caterpillar Button Craft
- Black Pipe Cleaner
- Craft Stick
- Colored Buttons (preferably in the colors of the rainbow)
- One Large White Button
- Googly Eyes
- Green/blue felt and flower embellishments for the background
Directions to make the Rainbow Caterpillar Bookmark Craft
1. Stick the buttons on the craft stick with the large white button as the head.
2. Cut out a tiny piece of black pipe cleaner and bend it into a ‘V’. Stick it to the back of the caterpillar’s head.
3. Stick on googly eyes and your caterpillar is ready! Now all he needs is a nice place to relax. Use a sheet of green felt on blue card stock to look like a summery hillside.
Decorate with flower embellishments and place your cute caterpillar among them.
This is a super easy craft, and even preschoolers can make it (as long as they don’t pop the buttons into their mouth!).
Try a larger surface with multiple caterpillars for a more impressive look.
Whether it’s a solitary caterpillar on a hill or several on a lawn – we’re sure they’ll brighten up your space instantly!
Related products at Amazon.com
You might also like Printable Bug Theme Pom-Pom Match
Printable Bug Theme Pom-Pom Match
This printable Bug Theme Pom-Pom Match packet is perfect for boys or girls. It is all about bugs.
These are perfect for preschoolers and young learners to develop fine motor skills & color recognition
Check out these other stick crafts from the #kidscraftstars!