Give Mom this Q-tip Flower Art Mother’s Day Card as a lovely surprise! Easy to make and completely unique – perfect for kids of all ages!
When we grow older, we change in many ways, and many things around us change as well. But you know one thing that stays the same? The love of your mother!
Yes, it doesn’t matter if you’re four or forty – if you refuse a meal she’s made, you won’t hear the end of it! There’s nothing like a mother’s love – or her temper! You can lie through your teeth to other people, but not Mom – she’ll catch you one way or the other!
That’s one thing universal about mothers – their love is like no other. So this Mother’s Day, why not celebrate the amazing person she is – with a lovely handmade card! This one is a unique one; it’s decorated with Q-tips!
Q-tip Flower Art Mother’s Day Card
Supplies needed to make the Q-tip flower bunch:
- A4 size black chart paper
- Green colour paper
- Small pieces of multicolour tissue paper
- A paper cup cut in half vertically
- Poster colours (any bright colours will do)
- A pair of scissors
Step By Step instructions to make the Q-tip flower bunch:
1. Start by cutting leaves out of the green colored paper. You can use two different shades of green to make the final artwork more vibrant.
2. Next, crumble each tissue paper and make small balls out of them and keep them separate. You can have as many balls as the number of flowers you wish to make.
3. Glue the vertically cut paper cup at the bottom of the black colored A4 size chart paper. This will serve as the flower vase for our flower bunch.
4. Now let’s start with making the flower bunch itself. We begin by making the stem using green colour poster colour.
5. Now, stick the multicolour tissue paper balls around the stem/branches.
6. Apply any bright coloured paint on the q-tip and start making small dots in a concentric circular pattern, around the tissue paper balls. Repeat this step as many times as the number of tissue paper balls you have glued to the paper.
7. Finally, stick on the leaves at regular intervals on either side of the stems.
8. Make as many flowers as your heart desires to complete your flower bunch. Now stick on a heartfelt message and you’re done!
I’m sure you won’t have seen a card as unique as this one! We love the black background and the flower pot – it gives a different look.
This card is also a great craft to test many techniques – cutting, painting, crumpling and more! If you enjoyed this, try out our crumpled paper flower Mother’s Day card or our crepe paper flower craft. Looks like Mom is going to get a lot of flowers this year!
Our Guest Artist – Punya Tekchandani
Hi, I am Punya. Ex-advertising professional, Mommy to a talkative and extremely curious and creative toddler. Currently residing in New Delhi. My love for arts and crafts has stayed with me from a very young age. I love making kid-friendly art and crafts with my toddler, bookish crafts, crafts out of waste material, and fun early learning aids too at times. You can get to us more by visiting my Instagram profile – @chronicles.of.k where I share a glimpse of all the fun stuff my son and I do and all the crafts we make!