Mother’s Day is nearly here and we’re pretty sure everyone’s scrambling together to get their gifts and cards ready! After all, it’s a special day for the most important person in your life, and they should feel that way too! So if you’ve just woken up and are panicking about what to get your Mom, we have a simple, easy-to-make Mother’s Day card that shouldn’t take any time at all!
Fingerprint Bird Mother’s Day Card
Supplies to make this project:
- Cardstock, in a color of your choice
- Acrylic Paints and brush
- Clean twigs
- Colorful buttons
- Black sharpie
- Scissors and glue
Instructions to make the Fingerprint Bird Mother’s Day Card:
1. Fold your cardstock into half to make a card. Make a thumbprint in the center, shifted slightly to the side.
2. Make a smaller fingerprint in the same color, perpendicular to the thumbprint.
3. Wait for the paint to dry, then use a black sharpie or marker to draw an eye and a beak.
4. Your Mamma bird is ready! But he needs a place to rest on, so stick the thick twig on the edge. Use enough glue to ensure it stays put.
5. Make another little birdie in the same way as the Mamma bird, but with smaller prints. Break up the thin twig into branches for the tree and stick them under the birds.
6. Stick buttons to resemble blossoms and to add some color to the card.
There you go, the Mamma bird and baby bird are happily seated on a lovely tree, filled with spring blossoms!
This is a super easy craft – you can use any combination of colors – go for ones your Mom likes! Write a cute little note inside and you can be sure that your little work of art will melt your Mom’s heart!