Put empty plastic eggs to use by making cute crafts like this Plastic Egg Bird Craft for Kids! Perfect for spring, Easter or lessons about animal babies.
What’s small, fluffy, cute and goes ‘cheep cheep’? Yes, it’s a little birdie!
A little birdie told us that you’ve got lots of plastic eggs lying around so we decided to come up with a recycled craft to make use of them – a plastic egg bird craft! We wouldn’t want to waste all those eggs now, would we?
This egg craft is super easy and absolutely adorable, and perfect for spring and Easter. All you need besides the egg are a bunch of feathers and some tack its – and you can create as many little birdies as you like!
Recycled Plastic Egg Bird Craft
List of Supplies:
- Plastic eggs in yellow or orange
- Craft feathers
- Googly Eyes
- Craft paper in yellow or orange
- Tack its
- Scissors and Glue
How to make the Recycled Plastic Egg Bird Craft:
1. Draw an outline of a plume and beak on craft paper with pencil.
2. Cut the shapes out along their outlines. Snip the wider end of the plume to create fringes. Fold the diamond beak shape in half to create a folded triangle.
3. Stick the beak on the plastic egg so that one fold is left free and open. Glue the googly eyes above the beak. Use tack it to secure the plume on top of the plastic egg.
4. Bunch a few feathers together to create a wing. Create two such wings and attach them on either side of the bird with tack its.
5. Finally, put a piece of tack it on the bottom of the egg to hold it in place securely. Place the bird on a branch or anywhere else you like!
There are so many ways you could use these little birds. Prepare a little spring arrangement like the one shown here and stick your birds on them. Or you can put tack it on the back of the egg and stick them on this spring wall art. There are so many ways to bring home spring this year!