Need a cute back to school gift? These Troll Inspired Felt Pencil Toppers are just what you need! Personalize by using the colors of your favorite troll!
Don’t you just love animated movies? I sure do, and I’m not embarrassed to admit it! In fact, I don’t know who gets more excited whenever a new animated movie is released, Miss P or I!
Maybe it’s the fact that they take you back to your childhood or that they’re just so gorgeous to look like, considering that special effects just get better every year. And our latest favorite has been the Troll movie!
We are completely into all the Trolls now and that’s why we’ve decided to make some Troll inspired felt pencil toppers! The instructions below are for making Poppy, but you can adjust them to make any troll you like. Also featured in the images are Creek and DJ Suki. You could also add Branch and Biggie to the mix, so you can be the proud owner of the entire Troll inspired pencil topper collection!
Troll Inspired Felt Pencil Toppers
List of Supplies:
- Felt sheets in multiple colors
- Needle and thread
How to make the Troll Inspired Felt Pencil Toppers:
1. Decide which troll you’d like to make, then choose felt sheets in the appropriate colors. Here, we’ve chosen Poppy, the leader of the Trolls. Cut out the following patterns from the felt – base, hair, face and nose. Include accessories like bands, flowers etc.
2. Get Poppy’s hair piece ready by assembling the hair, band and flowers. Get your needle and thread ready.
3. Sew all the parts of the hairpiece in place, using criss cross stitches to fix the flowers.
4. Take Poppy’s face and sew the nose. Use black thread to sew a smile under the nose.
5. Sew the hairpiece on top of Poppy’s face, so that it looks proportional.
6. Place this finished part on top of the base. Sew around the base using a blanket stitch.
7. For the top portion, use a running stitch to secure the front and back together. Leave a small gap at the bottom to insert the pencil.
8. Stick on the googly eyes and insert a pencil through the bottom. Your troll pencil holder is ready!
Aren’t these cute? We loved making these so much we’re going to go and make the other Trolls too. If you’d like more inspiration for pencil toppers, do check out our felt minion pencil topper, our clay Pikachu pencil topper or this pipe cleaner bird pencil topper. Now none of your pencils will be topper-less!