Try something different this holiday season with a DIY Corrugated Paper Christmas Tree! Skip the green and go for red, white or gold colors instead!
If you were a kid in the nineties, then it’s more than likely that you’ve laughed your heart out watching Home Alone 1 & 2. I did too, and one of my favorite parts in the second movie was when Kevin and his mother reunited in front of that huge Christmas tree. Not only was it a touching moment, that tree was gorgeous!!
I later learnt that this was the tree at the Rockefeller Center, New York, where there is an annual Christmas tree tradition which is quite famous, actually. At night, the tree is all lit up and looks breath taking – makes you want to see it in person! Well, we don’t know when we’ll be able to go to New York during December, but that doesn’t have to stop us from enjoying a glamorous tree! We’ll just make our own DIY Corrugated Paper Christmas Tree, like this one!
DIY Corrugated Paper Christmas Tree
- Craft cones (You can buy them from a craft store, or make your own by folding plain cardboard in a cone shape)
- Plain cardboard
- Corrugated paper strips in red, white and brown
- Christmas-themed embellishments like stars, snowflakes etc.
How to Make the DIY Corrugated Paper Christmas Tree:
1. Spread glue all over the craft cone. Now starting at the top, stick one end of the red corrugated paper strip and start winding it downwards in a spiral fashion, taking care that it adheres well to the cone.
2. Continue till the cone is completely covered.
3. Cut out a cardboard circle of the same size as the base of the cone. Stick this to the bottom of the corrugated paper cone.
4. Take the brown corrugated paper strip and roll it into a tight spiral. Push out the center slightly to give it some height and stick it to the base of the corrugated paper cone.
Now all that’s left to do is to decorate your corrugated paper Christmas tree with pretty embellishments!!! We made trees in red and white, going with traditional holiday colors, but not too traditional which is why we skipped the green! But you can go as bold as you like and try colors like gold too! Want more? Why not use corrugated paper strips in different colors on a single tree? Make a bunch of these and arrange them on the mantle piece – perfect DIY Christmas decor that’s both traditional and contemporary!