Whether it’s Kroopa Troopa from Mario or Yertle the Turtle from Seuss, turtles are quite popular! Now have your own pet with a Crumpled Paper Turtle Craft!
Some people find turtles slimy, but I think they’re adorable! There’s something so calming in their slow pace and overall relaxed disposition – such a contrast to our rushed life!
It’s probably because of this unique nature of turtles that they feature quite a lot in popular culture. Remember the Kroopa Troopa from the Mario game? Or Yertle the Turtle from the popular Dr Seuss book? And of course, who can forget the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
But today isn’t about celebrity turtles – today is about a cute, simple little turtle that’s the perfect desk-pet for this season. And this isn’t a hard shelled turtle – it’s a crumpled paper turtle craft, complete with a smiley face!
Crumpled Paper Turtle Craft for Kids
List of Supplies:
- Colored craft paper
- Marker pen
- Craft glue
Instructions to make the Crumpled Paper Turtle Craft:
1. Select different colored craft papers and cut them into square pieces (about 3 cm x 3 cm).
2. Take one square and crumple it into a small ball shape. Crumple the rest of the squares into crumpled balls the same way.
3. Pick out other colored craft papers and trace the template patterns on them. Cut out the traced patterns.
4. Take the round cut out and the crumpled paper balls. Start gluing the crumpled paper balls on the round pattern, starting from a side and sticking them adjacent to each other. Fill the entire round paper with them. This will be the shell of the turtle.
5. Once the round paper is filled allow the glue to dry for a while and then flip it to the other side. Take the other pattern cut outs and attach them on the back side (the plain side).
6. Now flip the paper turtle back to its right side and attach the eye cut outs on the head part. Use a black sharpie to draw the eyes on the white eye cut outs. Your turtle is ready!
Isn’t this little guy the perfect thing to cheer someone up? If you’re giving your desk or room a spring makeover, we’d suggest placing this alongside the rocking spring bird craft, the red felt poppies and this cool DIY spring wall art. With such a burst of colors, it’ll be spring in your home and in your heart!