These adorable DIY Farm Animal Corner Bookmarks are just what you need to mark your place in your favorite book! Perfect spring craft for school kids!
Many people say that a visit to the farm can teach you many life lessons – and I didn’t realize this till I visited a farm myself! Yes, farms are run differently in different places, but there are some basic things you’ll find everywhere – the the importance of planning properly, how to deal with unexpected setbacks and of course, the value of hard work!
Another common factor of all farms are the animals; our farms wouldn’t be complete without them! Every baby grows up listening to Old McDonald’s, and this is just an introduction to the diversity you’ll encounter on a farm, not to mention all kinds of noises!
So today, we’re going to have some fun with farm animals, by making these cute little DIY farm animal corner bookmarks! Whether you’re planning a trip to the farm this summer or not, these bookmarks are a great way to mark your place in your book!
DIY Farm Animal Corner Bookmarks
- Craft paper in different colors
- Black marker or Sharpie
How to make the Farm Animal Corner Bookmarks:
1. To make the farm animal bookmarks, start out with a perfect square of craft paper.
2. Fold the top right corner down to the bottom left corner to make a triangle.
3. Turn the triangle so the pointy end is down and the base is lying flat on the top. Fold the pointed corner of the upper flap upwards so that it meets the base of the triangle in the center.
4. Fold the right corner down to meet the pointy end of the lower flap.
5. Tuck this fold inside the upper flap as shown in the picture below.
6. Repeat on the left side so you get this:
7. Turn this over, so you get a smooth surface facing up now. This is the base of your corner bookmark.
8. Cut the bottom corner in a curve. Get your elements ready for the other parts of the animal bookmark.
9. Assemble the pig’s ears by sticking the inner ear inside the outer ear. Stick the snout in the middle of the face.
10. Fix the ears on the back of the bookmark, so they stick out uniformly on either side.
11. Draw on other details like eyes, nostrils and mouth with a black sharpie. Your little piggie bookmark is ready!
12. Use pale yellow paper to make a cow…
13. ….and orange paper for a cat!
How cute do these look together?
These farm animal bookmarks are great to gift school friends. Kids can also experiment with papers of different colors and try making other farm animals, like a sheep or dog, perhaps. And while you’re doing this, it’s a good idea to check out our farm theme collage – the perfect way to celebrate Old McDonald and his animals!