DIY Yarn Floral Wall Hanging
Let your walls bloom with this DIY Yarn Floral Wall Hanging! Easy to make and the perfect way to bring spring and nature indoors!
Have you ever lived in a rental and felt frustrated about not being able to decorate it to your liking? I’ve been there and am only too familiar with the feeling!
The biggest problem renters face is with putting nails or screws in walls, which makes it difficult to hang heavy wall art like paintings, which won’t sit on sticky hooks. But today, we’ve got just the solution for you – a light weight DIY Yarn Floral Wall Hanging!
This wall hanging is made with plain wire, crepe flowers and yarn – it doesn’t get lighter than this!! And when you see how easy it is to make, you’ll make this a permanent fixture in your home!
DIY Yarn Floral Wall Hanging
List of Supplies:
- Wreath base (round)
- Hot glue gun
- Crepe paper
How to make the DIY Yarn Floral Wall Hanging:
1. Select crepe papers for the flowers and trace petal shapes on them. Use scissors to cut out the traced petals. You will need 6 large petals, 5 medium-large petals, 4 medium petals and 3 small petals for the flower craft. Cut a strip from a different colored crepe paper.
2. Cut a 1 cm slit from the bottom middle point of the petals.
3. Overlap and glue both sides of the slits. Similarly, prepare the other petal cutouts. Also, cut out a small round shape for the flower base.
4. Grab the 6 large petals and glue them around on the round base, near its outer side.
5. Glue the medium-large petals next, then the medium ones and finally the small ones towards the center. From the crepe paper strip, cut small fringes along the long side.
6. Roll the fringed strip and glue it in the center of the petal arrangement.
7. Similarly, create 2 or more crepe paper peonies.
8. Take the round base or you can simply make a custom wreath base from craft wire.
9. Select yarns for the hanging decor and cut them into double the required length for the wreath.
10. Grab 2 strands of yarn and fold them into half by forming a loop at one end. Place the loop under the base.
11. Keeping the loop under the base, draw the closed ends of the yarn strands over the base and drawing it through the loop again.
12. Pull the open ends of the strands all the way through.
13. Similarly attach the rest of the yarn strands.
14. Add different colored yarns to the base for a vibrant look. Arrange the flowers on the base, over the yarns.
15. Attach the flowers however you like. Use hot glue to attach the flowers on the base.
Your DIY Yarn Wall Hanging is ready! You can either hang it directly on the wire, or attach another piece of yarn to the top that’ll lengthen the look of the hanging. If you like more light weight wall art ideas that you can easily make for your rental home, you can try out our burlap button wall hanging, scrabble tile wall art or our flower garden quilling wall art – all of which are perfect for kids’ rooms!