Gandhi Jayanti is a national festival celebrated, celebrated yearly on 2 October, in India to mark the occasion of the birthday of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the “Father of the Nation”.
Gandhi Jayanti Crafts, Video & Activities for kids
Gandhi Jayanti is also celebrated as Swachh Bharat Divas. We got our Guest Blogger, Shweta Nag Joshi to share her awesome Video & craft with us.
The earlier night, A dirt monster flew down from the second floor and landed in front of Gandhiji’s house. The next day, when Gandhiji was getting ready for his morning walk, he saw the very smelly dirt monster sitting in front of his house. Actually, this was the same monster that had flown from the neighbour, Mr. Mishraji’s, 2nd-floor house.
Gandhiji called out to him, come see what has landed at my doorstep. Mishraji replied that this was the same monster that had troubled them the earlier night and was kicked out of the house with lots of difficulties. But! but!, said Gandhiji, it is now troubling all of us. But before Gandhiji could complete, Mishraji went inside and got busy with his work & family.
As soon as Gandhiji turned towards the monster, he saw that it was building an army of little monsters. Very soon, two little monsters went back inside and started troubling Mishraji’s son. Now, there was an attack in Mishraji’s Clean and fresh home! Soon they were all over the town wreaking havoc. It was also in the news! The whole town gathered at Gandhiji’s house to ask for help and advice.
Gandhiji very wisely said, we need to push these monsters out from every nook and corner in our town. Just keeping our house clean will not help. This dirt monster will leave our home but capture the city. They will build an army and attack us in higher numbers. We will have to make our Good army big and strong. Every citizen in every city and town has to join our good army and become a clean soldier to tackle this menace. Get your weapons ready – Brooms, rakes, and mops. Cmon, let’s start this campaign right now – Left , Left, Left right Left.
Wasn’t that an amazing message to follow for Gandhi Jayanti?
Shweta Nag Joshi – did my MBA from Himachal Pradesh University and worked as a manager with ICICI Prudential until my son was born.I left my job to invest time in my son’s upbringing. now he is 9 and relatively independent. so I took up my true calling and started with ARTventure with Shweta a year and a half back. I now conduct craft workshops for children in Noida. I get out of the box crafts done in my workshops.
How else can you celebrate Gandhi Jayanti?
- Across the country, prayers and meditation are offered at many ashrams. Try connecting with your local prayer group.
- Many people sing Raghupati Raghava Raja Ram, Gandhi’s favorite devotional song.
- Bunches of flowers or flower garlands are placed on many statues of Mahatma Gandhi throughout India. Some people also avoid eating meat or drinking alcohol on October 2.
- In schools and colleges, Art & speech competitions are conducted. Check out 5 Quotes By Mahatma Gandhi To Inspire The Leader Within You
- Read books about Gandhiji & the Freedom Struggle – 32 Best Children’s Independence Day Books from India
- It’s the perfect time to learn about Gandhiji’s monkeys with this cute craft! http://bit.ly/2dv6UbL