Beautiful and Easy Indian Rangoli Design
- Small sieve
- Rangoli powder – Yellow, Red, Green, White
- Magazine cover
- Transparent cello-tape.
- Chalk piece & a small sieve of thick thread.
- Assemble all materials at one place.
- Tie one end of the thread to a wet chalk piece.
- Put a dot , then place your thumb tightly over the thread on the dot and draw a circle.
- Similarly draw 2 more bigger circles encircling each other by increasing the radius.
- Now hold the Sieve in your right hand and pour little amounts of red rangoli powder. The trick is to never let your sieve touch the ground. However keep it as close to the ground as possible.. Fill up the inner circle. Ignore if it falls a little outside the chalk circle.
- Similarly, Add yellow color outside the red
- Now fill the biggest circle with green rangoli powder.
- Make a fresh cone using magazine cover. stick it in place using a cello-tape. Fill it upto 3/4 using white rangoli powder. cut the lower end of the cone so as to allow free fall of rangoli powder.
- Draw muruku like design in the yellow section holding the cone firmly. Practise on a news paper to gain confidence.
- Complete the muruku design in the yellow section.
- Add circles along the circumference
- Add final designs as you desire and add a swastika in the centre.
You can try other designs and colors. Some rangoli ideas from flickr drawn using same technique.