Celebrate Native American culture and learn about Thanksgiving with this fun Native American Headband! Bright, colorful and easy to make!
In today’s world, we’re becoming more and more aware of different world cultures, and are even rediscovering our own! Since we’ve been home for a while, we’ve been looking up more information on Native American culture, especially the teepees and headgear.
When we were young, the biggest identifying feature of Native Americans in our mind was the fascinating headdress with feathers on them. There was something so regal about wearing it, and we loved making our own headgear with makeshift feathers!
Today, we’re going back to those days and making ourselves a bright and colorful Native American Headband, which is the perfect craft for the season, considering Thanksgiving is coming up!
Native American Headband | Thanksgiving Craft
- Craft paper in different colors
- Glitter foam
- Craft glue
How to make the Native American Headband Thanksgiving Craft:
1. Download and print the free Native American Headband template. It contains patterns for the feathers that go on the headband.
3. Now trace the feathers from the printable template onto colored paper and cut them out.
4. Cut out thin strips and small shapes out of the glitter foam – don’t worry about them being perfect.
5. Time to put everything together! Decorate the headband with the glitter elements and stick the feathers in a pattern you like.
6. Stick the ends of the headband together and you’re done!
Aren’t these easy to make? And so gorgeous too! If this Native American Headband has got you in the mood for more Thanksgiving crafts, don’t forget to check out our collection of turkey crafts and our roundup of pumpkin crafts. And don’t worry that this leaves out the little ones – we also have a Thanksgiving themed printable pack for preschoolers!