These Paper Dinosaur Bookmarks are a great craft for little dinosaur lovers to keep track of their reading! Perfect for gifting to friends & classmates!
Little kids can get intensely obsessed with certain things at certain times, and it can drive parents up the wall. Not surprising, when you have to read the same book or watch the same show for the 50th time! However, some obsessions can be good, as a recent study showed. It stated that kids who were obsessed with dinosaurs were actually quite intelligent!
We’re still not sure why kids are so enthralled with dinosaurs, but it’s a fact! While not all dino lovers grow up to be paleontologists, this love can get them interested in the world around us, particularly in how plants and animals change over time. Here are a few books that dinosaur fans will love.
Books about Dinosaurs for Kids
- National Geographic Little Kids First Big Book of Dinosaurs
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?
- How to Catch a Dinosaur
- Dinosaur Roar!
- Dinosaur Dance!
Now that we have the books to learn about dinosaurs, it’s time to get some bookmarks for them! And what better bookmarks than the ones we make with our own hands – like these easy printable DIY paper dinosaur bookmarks!
Easy DIY Paper Dinosaur Bookmarks for Kids
- White cardstock
- Craft paper in different colors
How to make the Paper Dinosaur Bookmarks:
1. Download and print the paper dinosaur bookmarks template. The template includes parts for four different types of dinosaurs – Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus and Brachiosaurus. Each dinosaur’s parts are included, like the body, spines, spots etc.
2. Trace the parts of the dinosaurs onto craft papers and cut them out. You can use any color of your choice – no need to stick to the original colors here! You can also make just your favorite dinosaur, and save the rest for later. We went with these color themes for our dinosaurs: green for the Tyrannosaurus, orange for the Triceratops, blue for the Stegosaurus and purple for the Brachiosaurus.
3. Let’s start assembling the first of our paper dinosaur bookmarks – our Triceratops! Stick the head on the body, so it sticks out the front.
4. Stick the little spots on the body of the Triceratops. Then stick the horns on the head. Draw on eyes and a smile and your little Triceratops is done!
5. Repeat the process for the other dinosaurs. The Tyrannosaurus has spines on its back, as well as a tummy that needs to be attached with glue. The Stegosaurus has multiple spines on its back, along with spots on the body. All the Brachiosaurus needs is some spots. Don’t forget to draw eyes and mouths on all your paper dinosaur bookmarks!
6. We’ve come to the final step – turning our dinosaurs into bookmarks! Cut out four little rectangles from the white card stock. Apple glue to the back of the dinosaur, and stick the card stock, taking care to keep the legs of the dinosaur free.
7. Do this for all your dinos and that’s it – your paper dinosaur bookmarks are ready! To use, simply insert the edge of the page between the dinosaur’s legs and the cardstock – your mighty dino will hold the page in place!
These paper dinosaur bookmarks would also make great return gifts for a dinosaur theme party. Of course, you don’t have to strictly use them with dinosaur-theme books, they’ll work perfectly with just about any book youlike!
If you liked these paper dinosaur bookmarks, you may also enjoy these dinosaur printables:
- Printable Dinosaur Pompom Match
- I Spy Dinosaur Game
- Printable Dinosaur Egg Match Game
- Dinosaur Alphabet Sequencing Game
- Printable Dinosaur Shape Match
- Dinosaur Memory Game Printables