This Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft is one of the easiest crafts you can make this Christmas! Perfect Stocking Stuffer, Christmas Craft & Ornament!
We do love snowmen! And this time of year there is nothing more fun than a cute and fun Snowman Craft! A great way to explore the season with kids, winter decorating, and gift-giving.
And if you thought you needed something round and soft to make a snowman – think again! Today, we’re going to show you how you can make a snowman with something long and thin, like a Popsicle stick. Don’t believe us? Check it out below!
Easy Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft for Kids
List of Supplies:
- Craft foam sheets or paper in white, black and orange
- Jumbo Popsicle Stick
- White Chalk paint
- Patterned Washi tape
- Patterned pipe cleaners
- Colored buttons
- Googly Eyes
- Black Markers
- Pencil and Paintbrush
- Scissors and glue
How to make the Popsicle Stick Snowman Craft:1. Start by painting the Popsicle stick…..white, of course! Here I’ve used chalk acrylic paint with a matte finish. Let it dry completely.
2. Cut out a circle from the white foam sheet for the snowman’s head. We also need an orange triangle for the nose, as well as a black hat. You can draw the hat on black foam freehand – it needn’t be perfect!
3. The hat looks rather plain, doesn’t it? Add a strip of Washi tape for some character.
4. Now all that’s left to do is to assemble the pieces! Attach the white circle to the top of the Popsicle stick, and glue the hat on top. Stick the googly eyes and orange nose in the appropriate places.
5. Let’s finish dressing him up! Stick on some buttons along the length of the Popsicle stick. Twist a patterned pipe cleaner under the head for a scarf. Don’t forget to add his most important accessory with a marker – a smile!
This Popsicle Stick Snowman is such an easy craft, anyone can make it! If your kids are little, do the basic steps first, and let them take over from step 4. If you ask me, this is a great project for some sibling bonding, where the older child can help the younger one. It’s not just ‘snow’ snowmen that require two pairs of hands! Add a twine to the back and you can use this as an ornament.
Aimed at children ages 3 through 8, this fun Nativity Themed Worksheets and Printable Pack include math and literacy activities as well as a few fun Nativity Themed printable games. These Nativity resources can be used in a church, home or school during your Christmas celebrations.
Check out all our Craft Stick Christmas Crafts