If you enjoy the antics of Thing 1 and Thing 2, you’ll love this Thing 1 Thing 2 Bookmark Craft! Super easy and perfect for Dr. Seuss Day!
Maybe there’s some truth in the saying about old being gold. For instance, who would think that a book written way back in 1957 would still be making us laugh today, in 2021? Well, that’s the power of some good quality humor, like Cat in the Hat!
Did you know that this book was written as a more entertaining substitute to traditional readers? Well, I’m sure kids today are glad this book got out when it did, but it sure is hilarious! Everything the cat does gets messed up, but not without some help from his friends – Thing 1 and Thing 2!
Today we’ve decided to focus on these incomparable characters that are part of what made this book immortal, with a Thing 1 Thing 2 Bookmark Craft! This is a really easy craft to make, and a must have for when you’re introducing Dr. Seuss to your little one!
Thing 1 Thing 2 Bookmark Craft
- Thick craft paper or card stock in red, white and blue
- Black Sharpie or marker
- Glue stick
How to make the Thing 1 Thing 2 Bookmark:
1. Download and print the printable bookmark template. The template includes the body, face, hair, arms, legs and sign of Thing1 and Thing2.
2. Cut out the pieces from the printable and trace them out on to craft paper. Use blue for the hair, red for the body, arms and legs, and white for the rest.
3. Stick the smaller hair piece inside the bigger one as shown in the picture below. Stick the sign on the body with glue.
4. Stick the face in the middle of the hair, so the hair surrounds it. Attach the legs and arms to the body using glue.
5. Final assembly – stick the head on the body!
6. Now insert the bookmark behind a page with the arms in front, and your bookmark is ready to use!
You can use the same template to make Thing 1 and/or Thing 2 – it’s up to you! This is a great craft to go along with other Seuss characters like Horton and the Lorax. We love how it looks like their arms are showing you the page; it adds so much personality to these characters! Now, they may be messy, but they’ll sure keep your place in your book neatly. So go ahead and catch up on all your reading!