Get busy with this Handprint Thing1 Thing2 Craft that’s perfect for Dr. Seuss Day on 2nd March! All you need are craft paper & two little hands!
The world today is a harsh place, and it’s not fun to listen to the news. That’s why we need a break from all the greyness, and nothing can be more colorful than a fun book like Dr. Seuss. And if you ask us, we think his most whacky characters are definitely Thing1 and Thing2!
Dr. Seuss had the option of writing books with a moral lesson, but he didn’t. He believed that kids were smart enough to identify ‘moral stories’ and that they would much rather prefer quirky characters like Thing 1 and Thing 2, who had absolutely no inclination in sending across a moral lesson!
We know that Thing1 and Thing2 are twins, who popped out of the box brought in by The Cat in the Hat. We also know that they created a lot of chaos, and it was quite a task to stop them! However, what many of us don’t know is that there’s also a Thing3 and Thing4, who come in when the Cat in the Hat needs them!
For today, we’ll stick to our original heroes, or as today’s generation calls them the ‘OG’ team – with a handprint Thing1 Thing2 craft! This is a really easy craft that even young kids can make. All it needs is the printable template and some craft paper in red and blue, and you’re all set to celebrate two of Dr. Seuss’ most iconic characters!
Dr. Seuss Handprint Thing1 Thing2 Craft
- Craft paper in different colors
- Black marker
- Craft glue
How to make the Handprint Thing1 Thing2 Craft:
1. Download and print the handprint Thing1 Thing2 craft template. The template contains the handprint hair, face, body, and logo – if you can call it that!
2. Trace the parts on colored craft paper and cut out the pieces of the handprint Thing1 Thing2 craft. Go with red for the body and white for the face. You have the option of using the handprint from the template or tracing your child’s hand on blue craft paper and cutting it out.
3. Assembling the handprint Thing1 Thing2 craft is really a piece of cake! Start by sticking the face on the hair, which is our main part of this craft!
4. Attach the head and hair part to the body with craft glue.
5. Nearly there! Stick the logo on the body and use a black marker to draw on Thing1’s facial features. Repeat the same process with Thing 2 and you’re done!
This handprint Thing1 Thing2 craft is perfect to make for Dr. Seuss Day on 2nd March. In honor of this special person, 2nd March is also celebrated as World Book Day and is a great way for kids (and parents) to get back to a reading habit.
Another fun way to celebrate this day is to host a Dr. Seuss party with your friends – while also including some fun games! Be sure to include some Seuss-themed dishes like our Egg in a Hole recipe inspired by Green Eggs and Ham.
Don’t forget to check out our other crafts based on Seuss characters!
If you enjoyed this craft, you’ll also love these:
- One Fish Two Fish Origami Craft
- Toilet Paper Roll Lorax Craft
- Horton hears a Who Toilet Roll Craft
- The Lorax-inspired Truffula Tree Craft
- Horton hears a Who Quilled Paper Craft
- “Oh the Places you’ll Go” Hot Air Balloon Craft
- Quilled Paper Truffula Trees
- Thing1 Thing2 Bookmark Craft
- Paper Plate Cat in the Hat Craft
- One Fish Two Fish Paper Quilling Craft