When it gets hot, all you want to do is relax indoors with a nice cold beverage in your hand. This is especially true of kids, whose collective appetites nosedive during summer! The picky ones get pickier and you’re left wondering how your child can be left to survive on water alone!
But you can work around this fussiness; offer them fluids that are made with healthy, wholesome ingredients and you can relax! Today we have a gorgeous looking cantaloupe smoothie, that tastes even better than it looks! It’s really easy to make, so get the kids together and whip up a healthy smoothie!
Healthy Cantaloupe Banana Smoothie
- Cantaloupe, ripe, peeled and cubed without seeds – 2 cups
- Banana, ripe – 1 medium
- Pomegranate seeds – 1/2 cup
- Cold whole milk – 1/2 liter
- Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop
- Sugar to taste
1. Peel the banana, slice it and pop it into the blender with the cantaloupe cubes. Bananas are easy to peel even with a blunt, safety knife, so even the young ones can help.
2. Pour in the milk on top of the cut fruit. Go for whole milk to get a nice creamy smoothie.
3. Take a scoop of vanilla ice cream and pop it in.
4. Blend, blend, blend! Let it whirr away till everything is blended and you get a thick smoothie in a lovely orange color. Garnish with pomegranate seeds for a nice contrast.
Now there can’t be any child out there who refuses a smoothie that has ice cream in it! That’s another advantage of including them in the preparation; they’ll be even more excited to try it out!