Love emojis? Then these cute corner emoji bookmarks are perfect for you to hold your place in your favorite book! Make them happy, sad or crazy!
Have you ever wondered what you’d do if there weren’t emojis? Sometimes a single emoji expresses exactly what you’re feeling, much more effectively than words could! In fact, I know some people who converse completely in emojis!
Apparently, it is believed that Docomo, a Japanese phone carrier, was the first to introduce emoji characters, although ancient Egyptians used similar symbols in hieroglyphics. In fact, the word ’emoji’ is a combination of two Japanese characters: “e” (picture) + “moji” (character). Did you know that the emoji language is the fastest growing language in the world?
Well, that’s the effect emojis have on modern communication, and with Whatsapp releasing new emoji reactions for Android, we’ve got many new ways to express ourselves. Emoji crafts can also be helpful for kids to articulate their feelings better, using pictures instead of words.
So we’re getting into the trend too, with some cute corner emoji bookmarks for kids to make and use or gift their friends. The best part about this is that you can make any emoji you like, and even create your very own custom emojis! You can also use different emojis for books of a particular genre – the possibilities are just endless!
Cute Corner Emoji Bookmarks for Kids
- Yellow craft paper
- Colored markers – red, black, white
How to make the Corner Emoji Bookmarks:
1. Let’s start with the yellow craft paper. Take a square piece of yellow paper and fold it in half diagonally. Then fold back the front corner as shown below.
2. At the point where the folded corner meets the straight edge, fold down either ends to meet at the bottom as shown.
3. Tuck in the bottom ends of the two corners into the fold as shown below. Tuck in the leftover flap so you get a triangle shape.
4. Your base for your corner emoji bookmarks are ready! Now comes the fun part. Take out your colored markers and draw emoji faces of your choice. Go completely nuts and create your own face too, if you like!
If you like, you can use these as a base and add on other pictures. For instance, if you want to make a poop emoji bookmark, you can cut out a poop shape from brown craft paper and stick it on the yellow base. Then add facial expressions with your markers, and you have a cute, hilarious poop corner emoji bookmark! You can do the same with a birthday cake, pizza or heart. These cute corner emoji bookmarks would make great gifts to distribute among your gang of friends!
Here’s some fun emoji trivia the kids will love:
- The word ’emoji’ was added to the Oxford Dictionary in 2013
- There are apps that can convert your face to emojis
- “Face with tears of joy” is the most commonly used emoji
- The most popular food emojis are the birthday cake and pizza emojis
- 17th July is World Emoji Day
- Women are 11% more likely to use happy emojis and men are 35% more likely to use ‘scared’ emojis
If you like corner bookmarks and enjoyed making this cute corner emoji bookmark, you’ll also love these:
- DIY Vegetable Corner Bookmarks
- Farm Animal Corner Bookmarks
- Ladybug Corner Bookmarks
- Ice Cream Corner Bookmarks
- DIY Rocket Corner Bookmarks
- Monster Corner Bookmarks
- Corner Bat Bookmark
Don’t forget to check out our collection of bookmark crafts for bookworms!