Make reading more fun this season with some colorful vegetable corner bookmarks – the freshest produce to go with your healthy eating resolutions!
One of the biggest problems any parent has is with getting their kids to eat their veggies. I don’t know what it is, but parents of every generation has this problem, and it’s a rampant feeling across the globe!
One way is to make interesting vegetarian recipes that kids will love, like delicious fruit salad or fruit Popsicles. Another way is to get them to fall in love with veggies, so that you can solve the problem from the root. The best way to do this is by making fun crafts with veggies, like our Printable Fruit Theme Shape Match.
Call it perfect timing, but it’s Fresh Veggies Day on 16th June and National Eat Your Vegetable Day on June 17th, which falls bang in the middle of National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month. Could you need any more reasons to celebrate vegetables? We don’t think so!
So let’s have some fun with veggies, shall we? Here are some super easy and super cute vegetable corner bookmarks for kids to make and learn about delicious veggies – while growing their love of reading!
DIY Vegetable Corner Bookmarks
- Craft paper in different colors
- Colored markers
- Glue stick
How to make the Vegetable Corner Bookmarks:
1. Download and print the vegetable corner bookmarks template. The template contains the parts for brinjal, capsicum or bell pepper, tomato and broccoli. Each vegetable has two parts, the actual veggie and the green part.
3. Assemble the tomato by sticking the stem on the tomato.
4. Add some detail to the tomato by drawing vertical curved lines with a colored marker.
5. Now that the vegetable is ready, let’s move on to the bookmark part. Take a square piece of white paper and fold it in half diagonally. Then fold back the front corner as shown below.
6. At the point where the folded corner meets the straight edge, fold down either ends to meet at the bottom as shown.
7. Tuck in the bottom ends of the two corners into the fold as shown below.
8. Stick your tomato to the the bookmark and your first vegetable corner bookmark is ready! Place the bookmark on the corner of your page to mark your place.
9. Repeat the process with the other veggies. use purple paper for the brinjal, orange for the carrot and yellow, red or orange for the bell pepper. Use different shades of green for the broccoli. You can also use different shades of green for a green bell pepper.
I don’t know about you, but I think I’m feeling a little hungry right now, especially as its nearing lunchtime! Since most of us are busy with our summer reading, you’re probably in the need for lots of bookmarks and we have a whole collection of DIY bookmark for eager bookworms. We’ve also got bookmarks featuring animals like monkeys, lions, parrots, hedgehogs and even quokkas! If you love fantasy, try our unicorn, mermaid or monster bookmarks. Go ahead and have a healthy and knowledgeable summer!