Frozen fans, this Craft Stick Olaf Craft is for you! All you need are craft sticks and some basic craft supplies & you’re all set to enjoy winter with Olaf!
One of my dreams is to celebrate Christmas in a place where it snows, so I can get the complete ‘white Christmas’ experience! If I ever do get to such a place, the first thing I’m going to do is build a gigantic snowman, complete with twig arms and a carrot nose!
Since snow is such an easy material to sculpt with, it should be easy enough, right? I’ve also got plans to dress up my snowman in a hat and scarf – it’ll stay put and keep him looking smart, at least as long as it’s winter!
But there is a snowman who loves summer – it’s Olaf, from the movie Frozen! Did you know that Olaf was initially supposed to be a guard at Elsa‘s castle? Yes, the movie is immensely popular, but Olaf has his own fan base! There was even a separate 21-minute holiday special movie called Olaf’s Frozen Adventure. Yes, he’s a celebrity!
Since it is winter now in many parts of the world, it only seems right that we should make a snowman, and why not go with Olaf? Here is an adorable craft stick Olaf craft that kids can easily make. The project involves the use of a glue gun, so parental assistance may be required.
Adorable Craft Stick Olaf Craft for Kids
- Craft sticks
- Satin or velvet ribbon
- Jumbo googly eyes
- Card stock or thick craft paper in different colors
- White and black acrylic paint
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
How to make the Craft Stick Olaf Craft:
1. Well, Olaf is a snowman, so it’s only natural that our craft stick Olaf craft is snow-white! Get out your paints and brush and paint the craft sticks white. If your craft sticks are the regular size, you’ll need about 6 of them.
3. Place your painted craft sticks in a row, making sure they’re close to each other so your Olaf doesn’t look like he has holes in him! Keep the sticks at different levels, to add some interest to the craft. Break a craft stick in half and use the halves to hold the sticks together, using glue to secure everything in place.
4. Now, it’s time for Olaf’s hair. Take about half a craft stick, and break out a few thin splinters from it – watch your fingers!
5. Paint the splinters black. Olaf won’t be bald anymore!
6. Use glue to attach the hair splinters on Olaf’s head, applying the glue from behind.
7. Time to assemble Olaf’s goofy face! Cut out a mouth shape from black paper and cut out a triangle nose shape from orange paper. Two white squares will do for Olaf’s teeth. Now, stick everything in the right place!
8. Stick those large googly eyes and suddenly your craft stick Olaf craft has come to life!
9. Cut out a ribbon of sufficient length to make Olaf’s scarf. Wrap it around Olaf’s neck and tie a knot.
10. That’s it – your craft stick Olaf craft is now ready!
Isn’t this craft stick Olaf craft truly adorable? You can add some string on the top and use it as an ornament, or you can attach a large magnet at the back and stick it up on the fridge. I’m sure you can think of many other ways to use your adorable little Olaf – maybe even gift it to a Frozen fan this holiday season!
If you liked this craft, you may also like these: