Make this Fun and Easy Paper Bag Witch Puppet Craft to get ahead on your Halloween crafts this year! Perfect for a special Halloween show!
One fun thing about festivals and holidays is that each one has its own unique tradition that has been carried down through the ages. For instance, Christmas has a decorated tree, Easter has an egg hunt, New Year‘s has fireworks and so on.
But what about Halloween? Well, we do have trick-or-treating for kids, and there are lots of Halloween specials on TV. However, this year, why don’t we try something different – like a puppet show?
If you’re wondering how on earth you can put together a Halloween puppet show, why not start with the puppets themselves? And when it’s for Halloween, you absolutely must have a witch, so you’ll love this paper bag witch puppet!
Fun and Easy Paper Bag Witch Puppet Craft
- Brown paper bag
- Craft paper in multiple colors
- Colored markers or Sharpies
How to make the paper bag witch puppet:
1. Download and print the paper bag witch puppet template. The template contains parts of the witch puppet, like a robe, hair, head, hands, eyes, cheeks, boots, broomstick and pointy hat.
2. Trace the parts of the template on craft paper of the appropriate colors and cut them out. You can use black or purple for the outfit and hat, black for the shoes and brown for the broomstick. As for the skin color and hair color, you can go with any color or ethnicity you like – your paper bag witch puppet could also have some flaming red hair!
3. Let’s start by assembling the witch’s face. Insert the face inside the slit of the hair and secure it in place with glue. stick the eyes on with glue and the cheeks underneath the eyes. Add some eye lashes, a nose and a cute smile with a black marker.
4. Let’s move on to the witch’s robe. Stick the little purple piece in the middle of the upper half of the robe. Use your black marker to add an outline and some frills to the robe.
5. You know what comes next after the outfit, right? It’s the accessories! And for our paper bag witch puppet, it refers to a broomstick and nice pointy hat. Stick the band on the hat with glue and attach the handle to the broom. Use your colored markers to draw outlines and details on these.
6. Time to put our paper bag witch puppet together! Gather all your items together – the paper bag, the head and the body.
7. Start by sticking the head on the folded flap of the paper bag.
8. Stick the body on the paper bag under the flap. Attach the hands on the sides and the boots at the bottom of the paper bag.
9. Final touches – stick the hat on the head and the broom on the hand and that’s it – your paper bag witch puppet is done!
We’ve grown up believing that witches need to look mean and menacing, but not our paper bag witch puppet! She’s as cute as cute can be, and we love how it doesn’t take away from the ‘witchiness’ of the whole project. Another thing we love is that this is a really easy craft that even young kids can do. Once you have the template and the pieces, it’s all about putting them together and fixing them on the paper bag – that’s it!
If you loved this craft, you may also like these paper bag puppets:
- Paper Bag Superman Puppet
- Paper Bag Mermaid Craft
- Cute Paper Bag Dinosaur Puppet Craft
- Paper Bag Astronauts
- DIY Paper Bag Frido Kahlo Puppet