Stick Bow and Arrow Craft For Kids
If you’ve read any of the Hunger Games books, it’s quite likely that you felt like shooting a bow and arrow at some point in the story, like Katniss Everdeen! Now it may not be possible to learn archery at the moment, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t have some fun with a bow and arrow, especially when you make it yourself!
Stick Bow and Arrow Craft for Kids
- Paper tapes in pastel colors
- Washi tape in Golden color
- Twigs / Nature sticks – one 12 inches and another 6 inches long.
Steps to make the Stick Bow and Arrow Craft:
1. Collect sticks that are smooth, long and flexible when you go for your nature walks. If the sticks are rough, use an adult’s help to sand it down with sandpaper and a dull knife.
2. First, start with the bow. Take the longer stick and decorate with paper tapes / washi tapes. We used pastel colors and left a 1 inch gap between each roll.
3. Using yarn, make multiple twists at one end and knot it in place. Now bend the stick into a small arc and wrap the yarn securely at the other end to form a bow. Leave some length on the string to tie the feathers.
4. Trace a triangle on a cardboard piece and cut it to form an arrow tip. Cover with gold washi tape.
5. Decorate the arrow with tiny strips of washi tape again like we did with the bow. Add diagonal strips at the bottom and secure in place to create the fletching using a glue gun if required. Fletching is the material at the end of the arrow which helps guide it as it flies.
6. Nock the arrow. Take a knife and cut a slit at the end without the arrowhead to make the nock. This will help the string guide the arrow. Make as many arrows as you need.
Now go do some target practice in an open area!
Check out our other Nature inspired crafts:
Check out more Spring / Summer crafts:
Spring Red Poppy Craft
72 Fun Easy Spring Crafts for Kids
20 Easy Spring Bird Crafts for Kids
Easy Newspaper Hyacinth Flowers for Spring
Coolest DIY Wall Art for Spring
Cardboard Bird House for Spring
This project would be very cute for a bohemian themed birthday party!
Such a cute little craft! Thank you for sharing at Merry Monday!
[…] Stick Bow and Arrow Craft for Kids […]
[…] 10. stick bow and arrow. Not everybody wants to craft with hearts. Give your little non-romantics a break by showing them how to make Cupid’s bow and arrows–out of sticks! […]