These DIY Halloween Corner Bookmarks are perfect to get kids in the mood for their Halloween reading! Easy to make, and great for gifting friends!
There are a few things that instantly come to mind when you think of Halloween, right? Like ghosts, bats, witches, and of course, jack-o-lanterns! These have been classic Halloween icons for a long time now, and any Halloween without these would seem quite incomplete!
We have lots of Halloween crafts based on each of these, but what if you want to have it all? Maybe you’re short on time or just want to make it all in one go. Well, if that’s what you’re looking for, you’re in luck, because today’s Halloween corner bookmarks craft is exactly that!
DIY Halloween Corner Bookmarks for Kids
- Colored craft papers
- Craft glue
How to make the Halloween Corner Bookmarks:
1. Download and print the Halloween corner bookmarks template which features four different Halloween characters – the ghost, pumpkin, bat, and witch hat. The template includes parts like the body, eyes, wings, hat, stem, etc.
2. Trace the parts of the template on craft papers of the appropriate colors and cut them out. We’ve gone with shades of gray for the bat, orange and green for the pumpkin, black and purple for the witch hate, and of course – white for the ghost!
3. Let’s begin making our Halloween corner bookmarks, starting with the bat and jack-o-lantern. Take out an orange marker and draw an outline and a few lines on the pumpkin. Now do the same with the bat’s wings, using a grey marker.
4. Let’s focus on the jack-o-lantern for now. Stick the eyes on the pumpkin with glue.
5. Attach the stem to the top of the pumpkin. Take out your black marker and draw a little triangle nose and a zig zag mouth. There you go – the first character of your Halloween corner bookmarks is done.
6. Moving on to the bat, stick the eyes on the bat’s face. Use the black marker to draw a little smile too!
7. Now’s the fun part – the pointy teeth! Stick the two tiny teeth to the bottom of the bat’s smile. Use a red marker to draw small red triangles inside the bat’s ears as shown below.
8. Attach the wings to the back of the bat’s body with glue. Your second character from the Halloween corner bookmarks is ready. Once that’s done, take a square piece of white paper and use the instructions here to make a plain corner bookmark, one for each character.
9. Time for the final assembly! Stick the bat and the jack-o-lantern on the plain corner bookmarks and your Halloween corner bookmarks are now ready to use!
10. But wait – we still have more Halloween characters to make! For the witch hat, simply draw an outline on the hat and the band, and then stick the band on the hat. For the ghost, stick the eyes and hat on the right positions, and finish it up by drawing a little smile with a black marker.
To use the bookmarks, all you need to do is to insert the corner of the page into the little ‘pocket’ you created when making the corner bookmark. Once the page is nice and snug inside, it’ll stay put till the next time you open your book!
There you go – now you have a full set of adorable Halloween corner bookmarks to use and share with your friends! These also work perfectly as non-candy treats for Halloween – just make them in bulk so you have enough to share!
If you liked this project, you may also like these Halloween crafts:
- DIY Halloween Character Bookmarks
- Halloween Shoebox Diorama
- Printable Monster Pompom Mats
- Printable Halloween Themed Bingo
- Halloween Themed Color & Trace