This Paper Bag Leprechaun Gnome Craft is really easy to make and is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day! Turn it into a puppet and put on a festive show!
Leprechauns are found in many folk tales and legends, and in case you’re wondering, yes – that pot of gold is all his! Leprechauns are believed to have descended from fairies and their name literally means ‘small body’. There are lots of such fun facts about these creatures!
Since the leprechaun’s favorite holiday, St. Patrick’s Day, is coming up in March, it’s the perfect time for some leprechaun crafts, We’ve got a cute, easy one for you today – a paper bag leprechaun gnome craft! So gather your craft supplies, it’s time to get crafting!
Paper Bag Leprechaun Gnome Craft
- Paper bag
- Colored craft papers
- Double-sided foam tape
How to make the Paper Bag Leprechaun Gnome Craft:
1. Download and print the paper bag leprechaun gnome craft template. The template includes the hat, belt, buckle, shoes, beard, nose and clover leaf.
2. Trace the pieces on craft paper and cut them out. Of course, the leprechaun will be dressed in green, although some leprechauns are also found in red. You can go for orange and brown for the beard and shoes respectively. Use yellow for the buckles and black for the belts.
3. We start our paper bag leprechaun gnome craft by assembling the little parts together. We have two belts – for the hat and the outfit. Make slits in the buckles and slide the black strips through them. Cut out a small piece of double-sided foam tape and stick it on the nose.
4. Let’s use that smaller belt we made in the previous step and attach it to the leprechaun’s hat.
5. Now let’s move on to the orange hair/beard piece – it serves both purposes in this paper bag leprechaun gnome craft! Stick the hat to the top of the piece.
6. Now remove the backing from the double-sided foam on the nose and stick it right below the hat. The paper bag leprechaun gnome craft is looking good already!
7. Now, get the body of the leprechaun and attach the shoes to the bottom. They’re probably silent, so that the leprechaun can sneak off whenever he wants.
8. Stick the belt you made earlier on the green rectangle, towards the bottom.
9. Time to put everything together! Stick the leprechaun’s body on the paper bag, so that the bottom of the bag is covered. Did you know that people in Ireland dress up like leprechauns, and run marathons to raise money for charity? That’s a nice way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
10. Nearly done! Now stick the leprechaun’s head on the folded flap of the paper bag. Insert the little shamrock into the belt strap of the hat. That’s it – your paper bag leprechaun gnome craft is ready!
The good thing about this paper bag leprechaun gnome craft is that you can use it as a puppet. Did you know that the European Union granted leprechauns heritage status in 2009? Maybe you can dig up some old leprechaun tales and create a little screenplay out of it. You could add your own twist to it and put up a fun puppet show for St. Patrick’s Day!
If you liked this craft, you may also enjoy these paper bag crafts:
- Paper Bag Dinosaur Puppet
- Paper Bag Fireman Puppet
- Paper Bag Love Robot Craft
- Paper Bag Baby Yoda Craft
- Paper Bag Cat in the Hat