Lil P loves building sand castles and collecting shells along the beach. It’s like carrying a piece of the paradise back with us. Our attempt today was to recreate some of that magic. Add a smattering of beach fun to a regular paper plate with this simple and adorable
Paper Plate Seashell craft for preschoolers
To make the Paper Plate Seashell craft, you’ll need
- A Paper plate
- Single hole punch
- and some yarn
To make the Paper Plate Seashell craft
- Line your work area with some old newspapers
- Cut the paper plate in a sea shell shape. You can optionally draw an outline and ask your child to cut along the outline.
- Using a sponge brush, dab different colors over the paper plate cut outs. Let the kids have fun .
- Once Dry, use a hole punch to punch four or fives holes closer to each other at the bottom and an equal number of holes at the top of the paper plate little farther from each other.
- Using some yarn ask your child to start at the first hole, lace it to the other end, then move to the 2nd hole on topand then bottom again. once all 5 holes are laced, tie the ends together and cut to size.
- Sprinkle some gold glitter on the top and voila! Your Paper Plate Seashell craft is ready.
The obvious thing to do with these shells is to play with them. But they make great accessories for a beach party decor. String them up into buntings. The cutting, dabbing & lacing help with fine motor skill development for toddlers, kindergartners & preschoolers.
The theme for our Monthly Blogging challenge from the Kids Craft Stars was Ocean Crafts this month! Be sure to check out all the other fabulous posts in this series.
A Little Pinch Of Perfect – Ocean Animal Coffee Filter Suncatcher
Artsy Momma – Seashell Mermaid Purse
Crafty Morning – Bouncy Ball Stamped Pufferfish
I Heart Art & Crafts – Sun catcher JellyFish
Fun Handprint Art – Rainbow Fish Handprint Art
Glued To My Crafts – Paper Plate Crab
I Heart Crafty Things – Puffy Paint Octopus
In The Playroom – Cupcake Liner Fish in a Watercolour Sea
Pink Stripey Socks – Easy Kirigami Fish Craft
Artsy Craftsy Mom – Paper Plate Seashell Craft
Hello, Wonderful – Clay Crab Necklace
If you are looking for even MORE easy summer themed , ocean themed or paper plate kid craft ideas, be sure to check out these posts.