Here’s a cute Paper Bag Halloween Gnome Puppet to add some fun to your Halloween show this year! Make them the heroes, villains or sidekicks!
Have you noticed that as soon as there is a hint of Fall, gnomes begin to appear? They’re there in stores, on mantles and shelves and certainly, on people’s lawns!
There’s a reason behind this – apparently, gnomes work hard throughout the year in gardens, doing all the planting, watering and weeding. So when Fall rolls around and it’s harvest time, they get to celebrate the fruits of their hard work!
Well, if gnomes are popular in Fall, we can certainly extend their popularity all through Halloween! In this spirit (pun intended), we’ve got you a cute little paper bag Halloween gnome puppet, which you can use to make a fun show for Halloween!
Paper Bag Halloween Gnome Puppet
- Brown paper bag
- Craft paper in different colors
- Sharpies or markers in different colors
How to make the Paper Bag Halloween Gnome Puppet:
1. Download and print the paper bag Halloween gnome puppet template. The template includes parts like the beard, nose, hands, shoes, hat, strap and buckle. It also includes a jack-o-lantern with ts stem and a cauldron with bubbles.
2. Trace the parts of the template on craft paper of the appropriate colors and cut them out. You can use any color you like, but we’ve stuck to the Halloween theme, using purple and black.
3. If you look at the paper bag Halloween gnome puppet, you’ll notice that the hat is the most prominent part of the puppet. So let’s begin with that – cut two slits on the inside of the buckle and slide the strap through them.
4. Stick the strap on the hat, so that the edges line up on either side. Now that the hat is done, stick the nose on the beard, so half of it is overlapping and the other half is outside.
5. Stick the hat on the beard so that the upper edge of the nose lies on top of the hat – it should appear as if your paper bag Halloween gnome puppet is hidden under the hat except for his nose! Now, cut out a rectangular piece of craft paper to fit the portion of the brown paper bag below the folded flap.
6. Stick the shoes to the base of the paper rectangle. Next, stick the assembled head on the folded flap of your brown paper bag.
7. Getting there! Stick the body of the paper bag Halloween gnome puppet on the paper bag below the gnome’s head. Attach the hands of the puppet on either side of the body, so that they overlap the beard. Apply glue only on the outer edges of the hands and leave the inner parts free.
8. Our paper bag Halloween gnome puppet is nearly complete, but he needs some accessories! Stick some yellow paper behind the jack-0-lantern so that it looks lit up. Attach the stem on top and it’s done. For the cauldron, simply stick the bubbles in the opening of the pot.
Slip in the jack-o-lantern or cauldron between the puppet’s hands and that’s it – your paper bag Halloween gnome puppet is ready! You can make two gnomes since you need someone to hold both accessories, and it’s a great opportunity to experiment with colors. Now all that’s left to do is to create a script for your puppet show and gather your cast – be sure to include the Frankenstein puppet, Dracula puppet, Witch puppet and a cute little Ghost puppet too!
If you liked this craft, you may also like these projects featuring gnomes: