This adorable dinosaur corner bookmark is enough to turn anyone into a dinosaur fan! Make it for your friends as a cute back-to-school present!
In the book ‘Johnny and the Bomb’, author
You have to admit that line is hilarious! I doubt if dinosaurs would have been offended by their name, they do seem to have been rather agreeable creatures. Which is probably why they’d make great companions for your summer reading!
So if you’ve got your reading list lined up, we’ve also got a cute bookmark craft ready for you – a cute little dinosaur corner bookmark for kids of all ages to make – perfect for World Dinosaur Day on 1st June!
DIY Dinosaur Corner Bookmark for Kids
- Craft paper in different colors
- Plain white paper
- Sharpies and markers
How to make the Dinosaur Corner Bookmark:
1. Download and print the dinosaur corner bookmark template. The template includes parts of the dinosaur, like the head, body, tail, spines, legs, spots and eyes.
2. Trace the parts of the template on craft paper of the appropriate colors and cut them out. You can use any color of your choice for your craft – it’s your very own dinosaur corner bookmark! We’ve made one dinosaur with green shades and another one with purple.
3. Now, let’s begin! Stick the feet at the bottom of the dinosaur’s body and the eye on the head. The tail has two parts – a larger base and a stripe. Stick the stripe on the bottom of the base of the tail.
4. Let’s put together whatever we’ve assembled so far. Attach the head to the body with glue. Stick the tail to the other side of the body of your dinosaur corner bookmark.
5. Does it feel like your dinosaur corner bookmark looks a little incomplete? Yes, that’s because you haven’t attached the spines yet! Stick the spine piece behind the upper part of the body – make sure it’s visible!
6. Your dinosaur is almost complete! Stick the spots on the body and draw facial features with a marker – that’s it, you’re done with the first part!
7. Let’s make a traditional origami corner bookmark for the base. You can follow along with the pictures in the post here or grab the instructions HERE on Red Ted Art’s super easy tutorial. Cut out a square paper from craft paper of any color you like. The square should be at least 6 x 6 inches
8. All that’s left to do is to stick your dinosaur on the folded triangle face of the corner bookmark and your dinosaur corner bookmark is complete!
9. To use the bookmark, simply slide the corner of your page into the pocket created in the bookmark, and you’ll see the dinosaur pop out of the book when it’s closed!
If you like, you can use a colored marker to draw an outline inside the edges of the dinosaur to add some dimension. Go ahead and make this dinosaur corner bookmark in multiple color combinations – you’ll find that they all look equally good!
If you enjoyed this project, you may also like these dinosaur crafts: